642-432 examination is also known as Cisco voice over IP or CVOICE examination. This certification is one of the most important certifications that are awarded from Cisco. Cisco voice over IP certification is associated with certifications such as Cisco IP communication support specialist, CCVP, Cisco rich media communication support specialist certifications. Candidates who are interested in certifying CVOICE certification can register the examination in Pearson VUE center. From this examination, a candidate will gain knowledge on how to support data, implement and integration of voice solution in networking access levels.
642-432 examination topics / objectives:
The following are the complete details about the topic outlines/ exam objectives of 642-432 and they are:
1) Describing the similarities and differences between VoIP and PSTN that includes bandwidth requirements, call transport as well as call signaling.
2) Configuration of router for the basic IP telephony calls to be completed
3) Troubleshooting the basic IP telephony configurations
4) Successfully integrating the basic IP telephony network to the existing PSTN networks
5) Converse with traditional TDM support personnel by using the terminology
6) Describing the basic operation as well as components that are involved in VoIP calls
7) Successful connection of basic VoIP net to PSTN
All these above topics are very important topics to the candidates and it plays a major role in passing the 642-432 examination. Hence, it is recommended for the candidates to concentrate on all sections before registering the examination. Apart from these sections, candidates should also concentrate on other topics such as:
1) Router configuration
4) Integration of the existing connection to PSTN
5) Basic IP telephonic operation
Examination can be registered in Pearson VUE centers or in online through Pearson VUE website by paying the exam fee. Examination consists of approximately 55 to 65 questions (depends on each year) and the time duration allotted for this exam is 75 minutes. There are no other language options available for writing this examination apart from English. Other Cisco examinations are available with language options such as Japanese, Chinese, and German etc. It is recommended to the candidates not to study more than 8 hours before the examination session because it may result in confusion and overload. Plan for your study schedules and study accordingly.