Android is one of the dominant mobile operating systems available today. It has more than 80% of market share. The main reason for this is that it is device independent. This means that it does not work with any proprietary hardware. It can be installed on devices of various makes and models. This also poses a big challenge for Android developers. They need to keep in mind all the devices and their features in order to make their apps compatible with these devices. The mobile market is volatile too. There are new devices introduced every year and there are devices that get out dated and are no longer supported. This makes it even more difficult for developers to keep up with these trends.
One can’t help but imagine the future of Android development and the challenges it will pose. Will developers be able to combat all these challenges? Let’s take a look at all the Android development features that better equip developers to face the future!
- As stated by Google, the entire Android ecosystem underwent a great change with the introduction of Lollipop. They introduced wearable devices too with this operating system as the base. New software was introduced such as Android Studio which greatly improved the way people worked as compared with the traditional IDE – Eclipse.
- Google also introduced project automation tools for Android developers. It greatly helps developers to divide their apps into various flavors and assign correct configuration settings as well as its speed of execution.
- Material design is becoming very popular and with Lollipop, this design has been included in the design of the UI of this operating system too. It completely redefines the user experience. Motion truly provides meaning as stated by Google, and they have added life to their applications with this new design concept.
- The introduction of smart watches makes it all the more imperative for Android Development professionals to up their skills to include these in their programming skills. The future of mobiles is definitely going to be wearable devices. Soon we will see other appliances connected with mobiles such as television, refrigerator, and washing machines. Android has already been tried and tested on such applications and is future ready for use with newer technology devices!
- The flexibility and the scalability as well as the wide range of compatibility that Android offers shall always remain it’s positive points and shall open new doors for developers as technology introduces newer ways of working with smart devices and appliances of all kinds. With the concept of the internet of things becoming more and more popular, Android is overall prepared to handle what the future n technology holds.
History shows that Android has come a long way and has introduced new changes and made itself more and more appealing to customers. It has also opened lots of new opportunities for developers. Android development definitely has a bright future and has all the means to support the upcoming and emerging technology trends.