Java frameworks are an important aspect of the Java programming language. It usually refers to chunks or bodies of prewritten code that a developer adds to his or her code to solve a problem related to a specific domain. In Java, there are different types of frameworks and hence, it is extremely important to know how to use the framework to solve a particular problem. A developer usually calls a class by its methods, inheritance and by, supplying callbacks. Frameworks form the backbone or the skeleton of an application. There are times when a single framework can dictate the entire structure and configuration of an application. So, enterprises like Sun Microsystems prefer hiring a Java programmer with rich experience in Java. Rather than hiring a team of developers, bigger enterprises prefer having an established resource on board even though the cost will be on the higher side. This is because there are times when a seasoned developer can quickly troubleshoot and mitigate the issue much faster compared to a team with not much of an experience. Furthermore, when we are talking about Java frameworks, it is interesting to note that the capability of a Java developer is also assessed by how he or she has been using the Java frameworks. This is because there are innumerable Java frameworks, and choosing the correct one also calls for a great deal of knowledge and deftness.
Let us look at some of the top seven Java frameworks preferred by developers worldwide.
· Apache Struts 2- It is an enterprise-ready framework that has been particularly designed to synchronize the different components of the application development life cycle. It comes with clean code for framework interface independent of HTTP. Small teams who explore different open source tools mostly use this framework.
· JavaServer Faces- The developers for developing server-side interfaces for Java EE application use JSF. The JSF APIs represent user interface components, converts values, and supports accessibility and internalization. Since it conforms to the popular Java EE standards, therefore, there is a great demand in a market to hire Java developers with extensive experience in the JSF framework.
· Spring MVC- Based on the code published on Expert One-on-One J2EE Design and Development, Spring MVC brings about a great integration of technologies and therefore, can be applied to a wide range of development projects.
· Wicket- Modeled in the lines of GUI frameworks, Wicket is used for Java programming language. In Wicket, each component has its model, and this is one possible reason why developers use this framework for making use of the developer resources.
· Stripes- This framework offers provision for powerful conversion, binding as well as validation. It maps complex forms to its respective objects. It effectively mitigates problems relating to indexed properties, localization, and domain objects.
· Tapestry- It is an objected-oriented programming framework used for creating cutting-edge applications. It is mostly used at an advanced level of application development.
· RIFE- This is a unique framework is designed to separate tasks during a development cycle and integrate them seamlessly with that of others.