Taxi App’s dispatch panel has a lot more than it seems to be!
Zooming in on a dispatch panel while heading up for “taxi app development” should be first in your priority list.
Admin/Dispatch Solution is the bedrock of any taxi software that provides the key reports to successfully drive business by taking intelligible actions. The challenge of supply-demand or efficiently matching riders and drivers in the real world while ensuring low wait times and taking into account traffic and other factors all come under the hood of dispatch panel’s algorithm.
But ever wondered how does a dispatch panel look like?
There’s a giant infrastructure behind the scene that acts like a real-time market platform that matches drivers with riders using mobile phones which is generally optimized using an AI simulation framework.
Moving forward, here we see the basic picture of dispatch panel and its output variables:
1. A dashboard that allows Admin to view and manage:
– All ride bookings
– Average no. of trips completed by all the drivers
– Average distance drove (on and off trips)
– Average driver earnings in a month/year.
– Total potential trips lost in a day/month/year.
2. Real-time tracking feature that enables Admin to track all their drivers in real-time to know their ride status, availability, and location.
3. A Driver management feature that allows Admin to assign rides to drivers and keep their customers posted with real-time updates. Admin also has full authority to activate or deactivate any drivers’ account.
4. Ride management feature allows Admin to see the total no. of ongoing rides on the LIVE Map, no. of rides requested by customers, no. of rides accepted and canceled by the drivers.
5. The dynamic pricing factor increases when there are more demand and less supply.
6. Advanced analytics report section that allows Admin to see user wallet report, driver payment report, ride acceptance report and total earnings report.
7. In-app real-time chats, push notifications to send messages in-person or broadcast to drivers and customers to maintain effective communication.
8. A dispatcher panel also enables admin to create rides upon the users’ request if in case they do not have the app or they’ve lost their network.
How Dispatch System Works?
The taxi app’s dispatch system is mainly driven by GPS/Location data. Uber-like taxi apps consider the formula of dividing the earth into tiny cells through the Google S2 library giving it a unique cell ID.
Dispatch is built using node.js the advantage with using node is the asynchronous and event-based framework. Furthermore, it enables you to send and receive messages over WebSockets enabling the client to send messages to the server at the time.
An intelligent dispatch panel is the soul of any taxi app software. It can make or break your business. It offers you endless possibilities to manage the taxi drivers, cabs and customers and take actionable decisions based on the ride reports. Also, it helps you monitor your progress. It is paramount.
So, what are you waiting for? To effectively manage your fleet operations get an advanced taxi dispatch system from a reliable taxi app development partner now and start scaling your business swiftly.