If you wish to become an IOS developer from scratch, there are several skills you will have to acquire. The skills would be specifically related to IOS and Cocoa Touch Frameworks. Other than these skills, you should also know object-oriented principles, steps to make use of the source control and the language such as Swift or Objective-C required for performing IOS development. Once you can create an IOS app from scratch, you can easily get a job as an IOS developer.
- The user interface should be comprised of images, text views, labels, buttons and other controls that are stated within the code and also in Story Boards.
- By making use of Auto Layout, you will have to make sure the views to be where it should be on the screen sizes and orientations.
- User interactions have to be maintained using buttons, switches, table views, sliders, and other controls.
- The IOS app should also have multiple navigation types with tab bar controllers, page view controllers, and navigation controllers and even the combinations of them.
- Alerts and action sheets would be displayed along with the ability to handling input from them.
- User inputs from the text views have to be accepted.
- Scroll view comprised smoother scrolling is yet another necessity.
- The data is sent and received from a REST API by making asynchronous network requests.
- A Table View that displays a list of data from a network request.
- The web page has to be displayed in a web view.
To become an IOS developer, you should be able to engage in conversations about the topics as mentioned below.
- Tips that make a good User Interface and the human interface guidelines IOS developers need to follow.
- The list of controls that are at your disposal and when you would think it as right in being used.
- Know-how regarding how you could make use of a debugger in x-code for tracking down issues.
- Knowledge about the application life-cycle including the methods that receive the call and when the methods get the call and what an IOS developer has to do with them.
- Deep understanding of the concept of delegation. This may include a few examples of IOS APIs that makes use of the concept. From it, you should be able to create and make use of your delegate API.
Knowing these skills will help you qualify for a job as an entry-level IOS Developer. It also initiates a quick learning process that helps you get knowledge about other frameworks as well as technologies required for the job.