This article explains the HP ePrint feature. This feature is available as part of their range of technology that produces hard copies of data. The letter e stands for email.
In order to use this function, the printing device must be registered on the HP ePrint centre. Once the device has been registered an email address is generated. You can change this email address, however for security purposes it may be better to keep the automatically generated one.
With this technology you can still set up access controls. This means you can effectively manage your output of hard copies of data, even when you are not in the same physical location as the machine.
The process that the email printing system uses is as follows:
- The document is stored in an electronic format on a mobile device such as a smart phone, notebook or tablet.
- The data is sent via a Wi Fi or 3G connection to an email server.
- The email server sends the data to the HP cloud.
- From the cloud it is sent to the physical printer and the hard copy is produced.
?The device will be able to make hard copies from a range of file types, these includes the Microsoft Office suite, PDF files and HTML files.
Any device that can connect to an email account can be used to send a digital copy of a document to the selected printer from anywhere in the world. You can send them back to the office or should you need to be able to access hard copies of the documents once you have produced them and you are away from your own office, HP have set up public printing locations. These locations can be identified and accessed through the Eprint Service app. There may be a charged levied by the owner of the public print location to produce your hard copies in order to cover the costs of printing consumables.
The process of using of this feature is as follows:
- The print job is sent via the service app to the Global Directory.
- The data is then sent from the app to the email server.
- The email server sends it to the public print location where an authorisation code is generated. It is at this point you will be notified of any charges that are applied and how to pay them.
- Once you have the password you are authorised to use the facility to produce hard copies of your data.