Link building plays a major role in improving and retaining your website rankings. Link building is a continuous process. If link building is not monitored and done in a proper professional manner, your website is more likely considered spam website, and in the worst-case scenario, it can be removed from the search engine index rather than boosting your ranking. A well know fact is backlinks encourage crawlers and spiders to visit and update your website constantly.
Backlinks are considered the queen of Search Engine Optimization. It is an incoming link to a website or a web page linking back to you from another website. A backlink in SEO is also known as inbound links, in-links, incoming links, and inward link. While awarding page rank to a web page or website, Google considers backlinks as the main factor.
Why are backlinks important-
Backlinks are especially important for SEO because they represent a “vote of confidence” from one website to another.
In essence, backlinks to your website are a signal to search engines that others vouch for your content. If many sites link to the same webpage or website, search engines can infer that content is worth linking to, and therefore also worth surfacing on a SERP. So, earning these backlinks can positively affect a site’s ranking position or search visibility.
Backlinks – Types:
Backlinks come in various forms:
- one-way link,
- Reciprocal link,
- Theme-based link,
- Directory submission Link,
- Three-way link.
- A one-way link is the most beneficial to a website as it enables better ranking with the help of search engine optimization, and this is achieved with the help of efficient directory submission.
- Reciprocal link exchanges, as well as three-way link exchanges, are some of the SEO target strategies which contribute to enhancing the awareness of your website.
How link building benefits website-
- Links enable frequent visits to your website and aid in indexing.
- The website’s popularity has increased significantly.
- Quality link building enhances a website’s Google page rank.
- Ensures long-term higher rankings in search engines.
Search Engines look for Quality rather than Quantity of Back Links:
· Quality backlinks enable a website to be within reach of spiders and crawlers as well enhance your ranking.
· Quantity facilitates only frequent crawling and indexing of your website.
In the modern world where Quantity more often than preferred precedes quality, however, when it comes to backlinks, quality plays a vital role in helping get a higher rank, while Quantity alone will in no way enhance your website ranking.