Runtime errors can be as diverse as they are problematic. The method you use to fix runtime errors will depend mostly on the nature of your message. Most of these errors deal with C++ errors (a programming language), so they are likely to be produced during browser conflicts with certain graphics-heavy web pages.
It is also highly recommended to disable your Google toolbar. This is a known source for runtime error problems. If you cannot disable it, then just uninstall it in your Control Panel’s Add/Remove Program tool.
Disable all your add-ons in IE > Tools > Manage Add-ons, to see if one of those is the problem.
If you receive the message “a runtime er. has occurred. Do you wish to Debug?” then follow these steps:
• Go to IE > Tools > Internet Options
• Click the Advanced tab in the dialog box
• Select Disable Script Debugging (Internet Explorer) and Disable Script Debugging (Other)
• Disable the Display a Notification About Every Script Error
• Restart your browser
Eliminate Malicious Adware and Viruses
Another likely possibility is your computer is infected. Though runtime errors can be caused by a multitude of problems, it is always best to check for viruses during the initial stages of your troubleshooting.
Here is a list of a few possible runtime error messages. It is good to check the internet for your specific error to find the most efficient solution for your specific problem:
• Illegal Function Call
• Disk Full
• Input Past End Of File
• Bad Record Number
• Bad File Name
• Device Unavailable
• Permission Denied
• Disk Not Ready
• Can’t Rename With Different Drive
• Path/File Access Error
• Path Not Found
• Object Variable Set To Nothing
• Illegal Use Of Null
• Command Failed
• A File Is Missing Or Invalid
• Object Creation Failed
• No Such Property Or Method
• Object error
• Operating System Error
• External Procedure Not Found
• Global Variable Type Mismatch
• User-Defined Type Mismatch
• External Procedure Interface Mismatch
• Out Of Memory
• DLL Is Not Supported
In the end, you’ll want to clean your system out with a registry cleaner to fix runtime errors and to pinpoint other common registry errors. As you research your problem further, visit this website to learn how to best optimize your computer and keep it running error and virus-free.