The exam name for checkpoint 156-702 is CPCS (checkpoint certified specialist) Interspect NGX. This certification helps the candidates to develop the skills as well as knowledge in the interspect NGX. Checkpoint 156-215.1 or checkpoint 156-215.65 is the prerequisite for taking up this 156- 702 certification examination.
The following are the checkpoint 156-702 certification examination objectives and they are:
1) Establishment of minimum or maximum hardware load out of each chassis
2) Selection of suitable InterSpect model with given special environments like network speed, size and headcount.
3) Troubleshoot the basic hardware issues with InterSpect appliances.
4) Selection of proper implementation in each mode like bridge, router, switch in to the existing network environment
5) Distinguish between strength as well as weakness of each mode in the specified deployments
6) Configuring as well as set up of InterSpect using the Web GUI or CLI with accordance to the environmental requirements
7) Selecting local management (SmartDashboard directly to the InterSpect) Vs central management (SmartDashboard control with the SmartCenter)
8) Configuration of InterSpect for either locally or central managed logging according to the requirements of business
9) Selection and execution protection mode based on the monitor mode data.
10) Distinguish between prevention system or intrusion detection Vs SmatDashboard as well as Web intelligence
11) Selecting, identifying and execution methods of protecting InterSpect
12) Identifying web intelligence and SmartDefense protection mechanism that are based on their functional descriptions
13) Configuring SmartDefense’s quarantine functional in order to meet the specific problem scenario.
14) Identification of appropriate protection mechanism for internal attack scenario
15) Identification of several major protocols that are used in the internet
16) Finding how InterSpect protects internet network against the malware and exploits that are associated with the protocols.
Exam cost and other details:
Exam fee is approximately 150-200 USD and the exact exam fee can be found in the Pearson VUE website. Exam duration is 90 minutes for native English speaker as well as Japanese candidates. For other region candidates, exam duration is 120 minutes. Passing score is 70%.